Senior Business Insights Analyst
jlb Insights delivers an elevated partnership for both our internal and external partners. We bring data-driven insights that fuel high-level partnership and strategies across our vendor clients and Target. We are trusted strategic partners and category experts, providing proactive analytics and actionable recommendations that help support our client’s goals and drive growth at Target and beyond.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our organization as part of our Business Insights team. Looking for an individual with 3-5 years of experience that has knowledge of POS systems, understanding of syndicated data, Microsoft tools, analytically driven and a self starter.
What you’ll do, with the assistance of an Insights Lead:
- Generating reports to analyze sales performance and providing actionable insights
- Provide market place analytics
- Collaborate with clients to develop strategies and tactics
- Develop and deliver robust business overviews and insights
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners at JL Buchanan to drive insights and recommendations for our clients.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and story-telling skills
- 3+ years of relevant CPG/Retail/Digital Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing (preferred)
- Experience with Market Data (Nielsen, NPD or IRI syndicated and panel data) and retailer POS data
- Working knowledge Excel and PowerPoint
- A passion for retail and a love of Target
- Strategic thinker with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter mentality
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interface with multiple levels of an organization and collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Positive attitude, creative resourcefulness and a team-player
Bonus Points for:
- Background in traditional category management support
- Direct Target Experience
- Previous involvement with large brands and retailers, skillfully influencing buying and selling decisions
jlb is an award-winning, retail consulting firm that is passionate about helping brands succeed. Over the past 35+ years, we’ve helped launch and grow some of the most innovative brands at Target, including Method, Harry’s and Olly, and hundreds more like them.
We offer Sales and Strategy, Business Insights, Consumer Research, Category Management, Digital Services, Trend, Creative, and Retail Service, delivering a customized approach based on the unique needs of each client. Our collaborative team of 120+ passionate employees come from a variety of backgrounds including emerging brands, large CPGs, and mass and specialty retailers.
We work in a Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE), which means you don’t have to choose between your life and your work. We’re clear about what results we expect, and you determine how to deliver. We are a strengths-based organization and value each person’s unique contribution. We value diversity and have a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee that was built to create a more informed and inclusive environment by educating our team, strengthening our partnerships, and serving our community.
We work hard and we play hard. Our office is a lively environment that was built for collaboration. We offer perks like competitive benefits, 401k, flexibility AND an amazing culture and team. Sound fun? It is! Come join us!
Learn more about us at jlbuchanan.com
Seniority Level: Entry-Level
Job Will Remain Open Until Filled