Art Director - Grocery Brand
Do you consider yourself a huge foodie? Are you fluent in the latest social trends? Are you an avid creator constantly testing viral recipes, creating and styling your own recipe content and putting your spin on popular food trends? If so, have we got a job for you.
AMP Agency is looking for a motivated Art Director to join our creative team. This Art Director will develop concepts and content for a leading grocery brand across social and digital marketing channels, as well as participate in monthly social content shoots in our Boston studio space.
They should be skilled in photography selection, type layout and social content creation - bonus points if you consider yourself a budding chef. Reporting to a Senior Art Director and working alongside Copywriters, Designers, Strategists, and Media Planners, the Art Director will participate in brainstorms, develop design treatments, plan for content production and present work internally as needed.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, extremely organized, detail oriented, and highly driven. The Art Director will work across both digital and social teams, as well as other accounts and teams within the agency as needed, the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities while meeting client expectations and timelines is crucial. Our client work is deeply rooted in social media, so an unfiltered passion for not only consuming but creating social content is a must.
This is a remote position, but you must be based in the Boston, MA area to travel to and attend monthly in-person content shoots.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report to Senior leads while working with creative team to ideate and execute digital and social deliverables for a variety of audiences and media channels.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop ideas into social and digital executions, aligning with annual strategies, short-term social and digital campaigns, and always-on content to drive engagement and achieve established success metrics.
- Maintain consistent brand look and feel across all outputs of a campaign.
- Work with Content Strategists, Project Managers, Designers, and Senior Creatives to develop monthly social content calendars and campaign creative.
- Attend internal and client creative reviews, presenting work as needed.
- Keep on the pulse of the latest social media best practices and trends.
- Proactively bring ideas to the table, voice a POV, and get deliverables across the finish line.
- Manage multiple projects on a daily basis.
- Develop strong relationships and trust with Creative team members.
- Participate in and attend 1-2 day monthly social content shoots in our Boston studio space.
- Develop pre-production guides for content shoot with detailed lighting, food styling and set styling direction.
- Produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualize ideas.
- Work with the team to style food and sets for content production.
- Willingness to be on camera
- Learn from Senior Art Directors and Creative Directors, proactively seek feedback to improve design and art direction skills, encompassing both paid and organic social content.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Agency experience is not a requirement, however equivalent experience working for an in-house creative or marketing team, is preferred.
- A strong portfolio of professional and/or speculative creative work with examples of brand social and campaign work to demonstrate abilities is required.
- Understanding of best practices for social and digital marketing.
- Hands on experience with social and digital design, typography, photography selection.
- Experience with content creation and production
- Proficient in Adobe Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills and the ability to adapt voice and tone from brand to brand.
- Independently active on social channels, with primary focus on TikTok and Instagram.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects.
- Demonstrated interest in keeping up with emerging technologies and digital marketing trends.
- Passion for and knowledge of internet culture and the latest social trends.
- Ability to participate in and attend monthly content shoots in our Boston studio space, which can involve standing for ~8 hours a day.
- Interest in food styling and social video content creation is not a requirement, but preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit resume and portfolio link.
- In lieu of a cover letter, get creative and show us what you’d bring to the table. Maybe you write a haiku about what makes you the best fit, or make us a TikTok that tells us why you’re our new Art Director without telling us why you’re our new Art Director, or curate your ultimate Spotify playlist. Take this as an opportunity to show us your chops.
Job Will Remain Open Until Filled