Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Table of Contents
1. Service Participation
Advantage offers the Service to assist individuals like you in finding and applying for employment with Advantage, or in some circumstances its Partner Employers. For example, we are contracted by third-party companies to manage the employment recruitment, application, and onboarding process for employment positions within those companies. To help you understand what information is most relevant to you, we have provided the following useful definitions:
You are just visiting the Site to learn more about our Service.
You have created an account with our Site or otherwise submitted information related to an employment application through our Service.
You have received and accepted an offer for employment through our Service.
Partner Employers are third-party companies and Affiliates who have contracted Advantage to submit and onboard candidates for employment on behalf of the Partner Employer.
2. What Information Do We Collect?
(a) Information You Provide to Us
On our Site or through our Service, we may ask you to provide us with or we may otherwise collect: (i) your first and last name, email address, home or other mailing addresses, telephone number, mobile number, date of birth, username and password, and information related to your employment application, such as education history, job history, and resume information, or other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally (hereinafter “Personal Information”); (ii) demographic information, such as information like your gender, zip code or postal code, job, age, marital status, education level, and occupation (“Demographic Information”); and/or (iii) personal preference information, such as the types of positions for which you are interested in applying through the Service (“Preference Information,” and together with Personal and Demographic Information, the “Collected Information”).
- Create or register for an account or otherwise save your information with us on our Site;
- Sign up or request to be placed on our mailing, SMS/text and/or email marketing lists;
- Participate in a survey;
- Contact us regarding a question or concern such as when you make inquiries concerning our Site or Service;
- Submit an application for employment; and/or
- Otherwise interact with us through the Site or Service.
(b) General Browsing As You Access and Use the Service
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us via our Service, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Service (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Service. To the extent we associate Usage Information with your Personal Information we collect directly from you on the Service, we will treat it as Personal Information unless we have disclosed otherwise.
This Usage Information may include:
- your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Service, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the URL that referred you to our Service;
- the areas within our Service that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- your Device location;
- your Device characteristics; and
- certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. The Tracking Technologies we use on our Sites and other Services may include the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
- Cookies. A cookie is a file placed on a Device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information on your Device. Our Site may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of cookie technology to store information on local storage.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is a small tag (which may be invisible to you) that may be placed on our Site’s pages and messages.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links that you may click.
ETag. An ETag or entity tag is a feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL.
- Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, for example, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
- Recognition Technologies. Technologies that include application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user).
We use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- To allow you to use and access our Site and Service;
- To prevent fraudulent activity and improved security functionality or to allow you to make use of other Site functionality;
- To assess the performance of the Site for analytic purposes or otherwise to improve our Services offered through the Site;
- To offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Site, including identifying you when you sign-in to our Site, keeping track of your specified preferences or to track your online activities over time and across thirdparty sites; and
- To deliver ads and other content which may be of interest to you on our Site as well as third-party sites, based on how you interact with the ads or other content on the Site.
(d) Information We Collect When You Interact with Third-Party Sites
(e) Information Third Parties Provide About You
(f) Information You Provide About a Third Party
You may send someone else a communication from the Service, such as sending a job posting to a friend. In addition, you may send us information regarding someone else, such as to refer a candidate for employment. If so, the information you provide (names, e-mail addresses, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used by us for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality on our Service, your contact information, name or username and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s). Some of these tools may be third-party tools subject to third-party privacy policies.
(g) Anonymized Information
(h) Policy on Collection of Social Security Numbers and Social Insurance Numbers
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of Social Security numbers and Social Insurance numbers we collect in connection with the Site or Service. Advantage has established the following privacy protection policy with respect to the collection and processing of Social Security numbers and Social Insurance numbers through the Site and Service. Advantage collects the Social Security numbers or Social Insurance numbers of Applicants and New Hires only for legitimate business purposes and in accordance with applicable law, including to process employment applications and initiate the employment onboarding process. The unlawful disclosure of Social Security numbers or Social Insurance numbers is strictly prohibited, including that Social Security numbers and Social Insurance numbers shall not be publicly displayed. Access to Social Security numbers or Social Insurance numbers collected through the Site or Service is limited to authorized employees and third parties who have a legitimate need to access the information in accordance with his or her job duties and are under an obligation of confidentiality. Advantage implements technical and organizational safeguards designed to help protect and secure Social Security numbers and Social Insurance numbers in accordance with Advantage’s internal policies and procedures.
3. Why We Collect Information
(a) Use of Information by Us
We may use your Personal Information, Demographic Information, Preference Information, or Usage Information for the following purposes:
- To maintain the Site and provide the Services, including for technical support, and to improve our Site and Services;
- To evaluate and assess your eligibility and qualifications for an employment position, including to conduct background and reference checks, in accordance with and as permitted by law;
- Processing, tracking, and completing our Services and related transactions;
- Enabling you to participate in surveys or other features of the Site;
- Sending you marketing information about employment opportunities, including through direct mail offerings;
- To allow us to contact you or otherwise communicate with you regarding our Services;
- Improving the effectiveness of our Site, marketing endeavors, and Service offerings;
- Processing and administering account registrations;
- Providing customer service, including responding to your requests and inquiries regarding our Services;
- Identifying your preferences for the Site and Service, providing personalized content and ads and informing you of new or additional Services that may be of interest to you;
- Providing mobile marketing messages (where you have signed up to receive them) and other communications and messages;
- Protecting the security and integrity of the Site;
- For internal business purposes, including for analytics;
- For fraud, loss, and other crime prevention purposes, to assist in the investigation of suspected illegal or wrongful activity, and to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties;
- To comply with laws, regulators, court orders, or other legal obligations, or pursuant to legal process; and
4. How Do We Share Your Information?
(a) When You Request Information From Third Parties. You may be presented with an option on our Service to receive certain information and/or marketing offers directly from our Partner Employers (if applicable) or other third parties, or to have us send certain information to Partner Employers or other third parties or give them access to it for the purpose of providing information to you. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information, Demographic Information, Preference Information, and other information may be disclosed to such Partner Employers or other third parties, and the disclosed information will also be subject to the privacy policies and practices of those third parties. In addition, third parties may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their Tracking Technologies, content, tools apps or ads on our Service or link to them from our Service. This may include using third-party tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or other third-party posting or content sharing tools. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties; therefore, you should review carefully the privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them. For more information on what information we collect when you interact with third-party sites (including third-party features of our Service), click here.
(b) Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf. We may use thirdparty service providers to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Site, such as (i) assisting with the Site operations, (ii) hosting the Site, (iii) designing and/or operating the Site’s features, (v) tracking the Site’s activities and analytics, and (vi) enabling us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services. We may provide these service providers with access to user information, including Device Identifiers and Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing.
(d) Affiliates and Business Transfer. Subject to applicable law, we may share your information, including your Device Identifiers and Personal Information, Demographic Information, Preference Information, and Usage Information with our affiliated companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and other companies under our common control (“Affiliates”). We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Service or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process.
5. Third-Party Content and Links to Other Sites
6. Ads and Your Information
You may see certain ads on other websites because we participate in advertising networks administered by third parties. These networks track your online activities over time and across third party websites and online services by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the Tracking Technologies described above, and they use this information to show you advertisements that are tailored to your individual interests. The information they collect includes information about your visits to our Site, such as the pages you have viewed. This collection and ad targeting takes place both on our Site and on thirdparty websites that participate in the ad network. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
7. Your Rights and Choices About the Information We Collect
Individuals in certain jurisdictions have certain rights under applicable data protection law. Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to, modification or correction of, or deletion of certain of your Personal Information that we maintain, and how that information has been used or disclosed. In addition, you may also have the right to direct Advantage not to sell certain of your Personal Information that we have collected or will collect about you.
To exercise your rights, you may contact us using the contact information listed in Section 9. As permitted by law, certain data elements may not be subject to access, modification, correction, and/or deletion. Furthermore, where permissible, we may charge for this service. We will respond to reasonable requests as soon as practicable and as required by law. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity in order to respond to your request.
Applicants can update or change your contact information by logging into your account and making changes in your Profile Settings.
If you would like to stop receiving newsletters or other marketing or promotional messages, notifications, or updates from us, you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions that appear in these e-mail communications. Alternatively, you may opt-out of marketing e-mails from Advantage by taking any one of the following actions:
Send an e-mail with your request and current information to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Send a request in writing with your current information to:
Attn: Corporate Communications
18100 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 1000
Irvine, CA 92612
Phone: (949) 797-2900
Fax: (949) 797-9112.
Please be advised that you may not be able to opt-out of receiving certain service or transactional messages from us, including legal notices.
8. Information From Children Under 13 Years of Age
We recognize the importance of children’s safety and privacy. Our Sites and Services are not designed to attract children and are not intended for use by any children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly request or collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. We are a general audience Site and Service and do not use the Site to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to use the Site and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Site.
In the event that we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to dispose of that information as permitted by law and in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and other applicable laws and regulations. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
We collect various types of personal information about you during the course of your relationship with us. Under California law, if you are a resident of California, you may make a written request to us about how we have shared your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Because we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing use, these requirements are not applicable. If you still have questions about our compliance with privacy laws, you may contact us using the below information:
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interactive webform, available HERE
- Calling us, toll-free, at 1(888) 651-2032
- Sending mail to the following address:
Attn: General Counsel
18100 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 900
Irvine, CA 92612
10. California / Delaware Do Not Track Disclosures
Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
11. Visitors to the Site from Outside of the United States
We implement technical and organizational safeguards designed to help protect and secure your Personal Information. We have taken steps to ensure that only our personnel and contractors who are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information. Please note, however, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Site.
14. Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions or concerns, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Attn: General Counsel
18100 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 900
Irvine, CA 92612