The Senior Director, Sales Planning and Analytic Solutions is a pivotal role within our organization, dedicated to leading the development and execution of strategic sales plans and analytic solutions to drive business growth and optimize performance. This role combines the responsibilities of sales planning and analytics, ensuring a holistic approach to data-driven decision-making and strategic planning. The Senior Director will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization, including sales, marketing, finance, and analytics teams, to deliver insightful analysis, robust sales plans, and innovative solutions that drive brand growth and enhance customer relationships.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead the development and execution of comprehensive sales plans, ensuring alignment with overall business objectives and financial targets, while putting people first by creating equitable opportunities and celebrating diverse strengths.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and analyze data, identify trends, and provide actionable insights to inform sales strategies, serving with heart through integrity and care.
· Drive the optimization of trade spending and demand forecasting, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in trade management systems, and executing relentlessly to exceed goals.
· Proactively assess sales performance, identifying gaps and opportunities, and providing recommendations to improve outcomes, leading with insights gained from constant curiosity and learning.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers, understanding their needs and delivering tailored solutions to drive mutual success, winning together through connection and collaboration.
· Oversee the analytics and reporting capabilities of the organization, ensuring the delivery of insightful and impactful analysis to inform decision-making, leading with insights and a relentless pursuit of excellence.
· Establish and enforce policies, procedures, and controls around data and data platforms, ensuring data quality and accuracy, and serving with heart by maintaining integrity in all data-related activities.
· Champion data education and democratization across the organization, elevating analytic capabilities and fostering a culture of data-driven decision-making, putting people first by creating opportunities for growth and development.
· Provide leadership and mentorship to analytics associates, driving the development of best-in-class shopper, customer, and category analytics, and winning together through the power of teamwork and collaboration.
· Continually identify and present insight-driven thought leadership and analysis to internal and external stakeholders, effectively integrating data and storytelling to drive action, and leading with insights to unlock new opportunities.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
- Travel up to 35%
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, or related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales planning, analytics, or related roles, with a proven track record of driving business growth through strategic planning and data-driven decision-making.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights and strategies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship abilities, with a passion for developing talent and fostering a collaborative and inclusive team environment.
- Deep knowledge of sales planning processes, trade management systems, and analytic tools and methodologies.
- Strategic thinker with a results-oriented mindset, able to balance short-term needs with long-term vision.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Microsoft Office experience: Mastery of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Syndicated Data experience; Mastery of IRI, Nielsen and other relevant tools
- Strong knowledge of Category Management and Shopper Insights concepts, processes, and application
The Senior Director, Sales Planning and Analytic Solutions is a critical role that requires a strategic mindset, strong analytical skills, and exceptional leadership abilities. The successful candidate will be a key driver of business growth, leveraging their expertise in sales planning and analytics to deliver innovative solutions and drive data-driven decision-making across the organization. By embodying our core values of putting people first, serving with heart, leading with insights, executing relentlessly, and winning together, the Senior Director will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our organization and driving success for our brand and retail partners.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Job Will Remain Open Until Filled