Brand Manager (BM)
FDM is looking for a hungry, humble, and smart Brand Manager (BM) who can serve as the strategic ambassador to our partner brands. As the FDM portfolio grows, this role has become paramount to our focus, reporting, and overall productivity.
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Brand Point of Contact: The Brand Manager will manage between 10-15 brands in the FDM portfolio. In this role, the BM will serve as a conduit between the brand and our sales force to create focus and ensure that we are doing everything necessary to grow sales.
- External Reporting: The BM will be responsible for executing (and improving) our monthly and quarterly reporting process. Each brand receives a monthly sales update that provides an account-by-account analysis of sales team activity and also a quarterly brand scorecard that tracks overall performance. Proactive reporting is a key component to client retention and satisfaction which are the pillars of FDM success.
- Internal Reporting: As important as it is to convey to our brands what is happening in the field, it is equally important to report to the FDM team how we are doing: both in brand sales and in potential bonus opportunities. As FDM compensation is largely based on sales growth, we must be adept at tracking monthly sales by customer and this role falls to the BM.
- Sales Collateral and Data: As an active sales force, FDM is often tasked to help make sales presentations more powerful. A killer presentation can sometimes be the difference between success and failure, so a thorough knowledge of presentation software is a huge asset to the BM role. Additionally, we work with industry data on a daily basis to build quantitative support for our brands in retail. The BM should be adept at disseminating this data and drawing key conclusions to help brands in the portfolio.
- Strategy & Consultation: The BM must provide foresight around cause and effect relationships both in the client's planning process, product portfolio composition, shifting customer landscape, and relative to how outside forces affect our collective ability to drive sales
- Create Trust: The BM will earn the trust of both the client and your internal colleagues in a manner that creates positive response outcomes and willingness to follow
- Be Awesome – As a key member of a small team, the BM needs to help build our company and culture. Every person involved in the brand is responsible for making their teammates’ work lives better and more fulfilling. As anyone in start-ups knows, this is not a job, it is an extension of who we are.
Skills & Background Requirements:
- Great organizational skills, leadership, poise, and ability to laugh in the face of deadlines
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university (or just really smart and passionate)
- A keen interest in natural foods
- Experience working in the CPG space, as a brand owner, or a brand manager
- Be able to provide channel-specific consultation as to the best route to achieve sales goals and account development
- Be able to engage at senior levels within our clients’ leadership team
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and oral
- A high degree of literacy in MS Word, Excel, and general business computing
FDM exists to help early-stage consumer packaged goods companies accelerate their growth. We build consumer brands and engage our clients not only as their sales agents but as an active partner in developing an overall business strategy. Our firm was founded and developed by industry veterans who are passionate about working with innovative brands and seeing them grow. We focus exclusively on best-in-class brands with material points of differentiation and chart them towards a successful exit. At FDM, we leverage our 120 years of collective experience to provide market knowledge, broker management, retail relationships and other valuable industry contacts to fuel growth. We look forward to seeing your application to be part of our great culture and team at FDM!
The salary range for this role is $100,000-$130,000.