WHO WE ARE
CSSI is a rapidly growing marketing and culinary agency, with a talented staff that includes marketing and creative professionals, classically trained chefs, food scientists and registered dietitians, all with expertise in the foodservice industry.
We are looking for a dynamic Culinary Center Manager to oversee the various culinary-focused events we host for our clients. In addition to executing and supervising company events, you will support the R&D teams on recipe development projects with support from our chefs and marketing teams.
The culinary center at CSSI is a production kitchen for various catering services as well as a development kitchen for R&D chefs to create new concepts and formulas. The Culinary Center Manager oversees and facilitates both the catering and recipe development in the culinary center. The Culinary Center Manager prepares catering services and provides hospitality to clients. S/he provides support and leadership to the R&D teams during production. S/he maintains and executes sanitation protocols in the culinary center and ensures compliance.
- Manage use of culinary center by R&D teams
- Lead the day-to-day catering functions
- Provide hospitality and meeting support for sales efforts
- Receive and store all food items
- Organization and rotation of all perishable and non-perishable items
- Coordinate with account teams for development support
- Work with culinary teams for formula composition, recipe development and recipe editing
- Maintain and upkeep culinary hardware and small-wares
- Oversee execution of events on-site and off-site
- Work with CFO to keep production costs in line with business model
- Adheres to all food safety and sanitation protocols and procedures
- Supervising the Culinary Internship Program
- Supervising Kitchen Assistant
- Collaborates with Office Manager and Facility Manager
- Oversee project specific recipe/concept development and recipe writing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate or Bachelor degree in a culinary or related field
- 3+ years of foodservice industry experience
- Sanitation certification
- Public speaking
SPECIALIZED QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED SKILLS
- Able to draft and execute new catering services
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative leader with high ethical standards
- Ability to effectively build and foster relationships with clients, potential clients and colleagues
- Strong and confident culinary skills which include culinary concept creativity, understanding of R&D process from paper concepts to formula writing, desire to continuously improve and hone culinary skills
- Sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Capability to stay organized and adjust to constantly changing priorities
- High level knowledge of food safety
- Capable of discerning and addressing facility upkeep needs
- Understanding of current nutrition, food and food industry trends.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this position description is not intended to be an exhaustive nor an all-inclusive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. This position description does not convey either an offer of or contract for employment. At-will employment applies to all positions within this organization.
The salary range for this role is $55,000-$65,000.