The Business Development Manager (BDM) position is responsible for building customer sales in their assigned territory. FDM follows the practice “there are no customers in the office” which means the BDM is measured by the number and success of retail appointments. This position will work with some of the most innovative early-stage brands in the marketplace. The BDM will work hard and will be well compensated for its success in an industry-leading meritocracy compensation model.
This is a remote position based in the United States. We are looking for someone to cover the West Coast territory. Travel for the role can be up to 20%.
In addition to securing appointments and a strong closure rate, to be successful, a BDM must:
- Have a passion for selling
- Have a working knowledge of the brands that the company represents.
- Be able to multi-task across a multi-faceted client–customer environment
- Communicate well with leadership and with clients.
- Respond in a timely fashion to requests for information from leadership, brand managers, retailers, or clients.
- Be constantly aware of the category review schedules at assigned retailers.
- “Touch” each of the assigned clients on a regular basis.
- Give each of the assigned clients the attention they deserve at each assigned customer.
- Maintain accurate and complete status updates via our CRM system (Asana).
- Have a basic understanding of the grocery industry, consumer products landscape, and language terms associated with the industry.
- Maintain good buyer relationships at assigned retailers.
- Provide customer-specific consultation as to the best route to achieve sales goals and account development
- Complete administrative tasks such as ad planning and promotion submission in a timely and accurate manner or work with administrative support to do so
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
FDM exists to help early-stage consumer packaged goods companies accelerate their growth. We build consumer brands and engage our clients not only as their sales agents but as an active partner in developing an overall business strategy. Our firm was founded and developed by industry veterans who are passionate about working with innovative brands and seeing them grow. We focus exclusively on best-in-class brands with material points of differentiation and chart them towards a successful exit. At FDM, we leverage our 120 years of collective experience to provide market knowledge, broker management, retail relationships and other valuable industry contacts to fuel growth. We look forward to seeing your application to be part of our great culture and team at FDM!