Senior Software Engineer
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Sr Engineer Software designs and develops software that support the business units (Sales, Marketing, HR, etc) in the Company; systems and software include strategic custom software applications. Will manage stakeholders, gather requirements, design solutions, write and review code.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, and deploy code for Company's technology platforms
- Work on a team of software developers, business analysts and testers
- Share acquired skills/knowledge with team members and mentor junior engineers as necessary
- Actively contribute new ideas and programming concepts to the team
- Develop and maintain services, business objects /APIs on .NET and SQL server platform
- Create and maintain technical documents
- Gather and convert Business Requirements into Functional Designs and Wireframes
- Provide recommended solutions for complex business problems
End User Support
- Triage and troubleshoot issues with users
- Support user training and onboarding activities
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Computer Science or comparable major
- At least 5 7 – 10 years of significant and recent development experience with C#, .NET
- Design, develop, test, and deploy code for the Sales and Marketing business unit.
- Work with the other software engineers, business analysts and testers to deliver a successful product while meeting project goals.
- Share acquired skills/knowledge with team members and mentor junior engineers as necessary.
- Actively contribute new ideas and programming concepts to the team.
- Help define and convert Business Requirements into Functional Designs and Wireframes.
- Triage and troubleshoot issues with users.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or comparable major or equivalent experience required.
- At least 5-10 years of significant and recent development experience with C# 6+, .NET 4.5+, Angular 2.x, and TSQL.
- Experience in web service, API, REST, microservices development and Nodejs (MEAN).
- Familiarity with the following is a Plus: Mobile development/UI expert, Responsive Design, NoSql, cloud computing, distributed messaging.
- Strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills.
Additional Knowledge and Abilities:
- Familiar with Agile Development Practices
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Ability to share knowledge and expertise with other software engineers
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, to meet deadlines
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Motivated to learn, experiment, and use the latest technologies
- Positive attitude with a desire to solve problems
- Familiar with the stages of the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Team player who is comfortable partnering with business departments
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Comfortable shuffling priorities and context switching based on business needs
- Possess a sense of pride and confidence in authored code
- Understand the business domain and why a feature is needed, not just how to build it