Senior Engineer Database
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a talented remote based Senior Engineer Database to be responsible for assisting the National Technology Manager with project management, systems analysis, and other managerial functions, as well as standard Specialist Technology functions, such as systems maintenance and end user support.
The Senior Engineer Database interfaces with multiple members of the Company's IT team and business units on technical and financial systems support level. The Senior Engineer Database demonstrates an enterprise view and understanding of systems and technologies and is responsible for database design, installation, maintenance, monitoring, and upgrades of database systems. This includes documenting systems in accordance with company standards. The Senior Engineer Database serves as a point of escalation and review for issues or concerns identified by the support team or monitoring services on a 24x7 basis.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Provide development across all supported SQL Server features/components such as High Availability, Disaster Recovery, SQL Server monitoring, Data Collection, and others utilizing T-SQL, PowerShell and .Net development tools.
- Collaborate with key vendors and Embedded IT teams in providing innovative added value solutions to Company’s SQL Server infrastructure.
- Research new SQL Server features and provides recommendations on their implementation in Company environment.
- Provide detailed documentation, technical presentations, and training for development and support teams.
- Participate in the resolution of database availability, capacity, and performance issues.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of internal processes and SQL Server tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of experience in SQL Server Database Administration
- 3 + years’ experience as a Senior Professional DBA
- 3 + years’ experience developing applications in Transact-SQL
- This position is required to participate in the Company on-call rotation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Formulas, Pivot Tables, VLookup), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Internet Explorer, & Virus Scanning Software