The Director of Global Thought Leadership will establish & defend Daymon’s position as the global market leader in Private Brands. Serving as the expert in Retail, Consumer, and Private Brands to Daymon, our customers, and the industry, they will lead in the development of all whitepapers/perspectives, industry presentations, and PR efforts. A successful Senior Director of Global Thought Leadership will combine industry knowledge, syndicated resources, and custom research to generate unique perspectives to keep Daymon ahead of the industry and consistently demonstrate the ability to articulate the perspective both written and verbally.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead Creation of all Daymon Thought Leadership
- Oversee the development of Daymon’s Retail perspectives, including the development of custom research, to showcase Daymon’s unique voice on retail and Private Brands.
- Develop, publish and operationalize Daymon’s Private Brand Intelligence Report(s) to further educate and showcase the Daymon point of difference to our customers.
- Partner with the broader Strategic Advisory team and Daymon to develop an ongoing pipeline of perspectives to drive thought leadership work across disciplines.
Drive Proactive Media/PR to Elevate Daymon’s Reputation in the Industry
- Manage PR program to advance Daymon’s leadership position as Private Brand Industry experts
- Leverage existing research to answer all media inquiries for organization. Work with SME’s on content to support
- Review all written content for media, edit and refine based on Daymon’s broader narratives. Gain alignment from senior management as appropriate.
- Build media plan aligned with business objectives and clearly defined KPIs. Manage and execute any paid media as appropriate.
- Speak at relevant conference and trade events to commercialize insights
Elevate Daymon’s Reputation with Clients/Customers
- Manage strategic Thought Leadership asks from the leadership team and customers on real-time industry perspectives
- Responsible for review of all final deliverables to ensure we stay on message and strategy
- This position is involved as the thought leader for Daymon in new business pitches. Will require the ability to translate perspectives to execution with new customers.
People Leadership and Development - Develop and grow direct reports; effectively recruit and train new hires. Engage, mentor and inspire cross-functional team leadership, empower innovative product development, reinforce revenue goals and consider succession planning/hiring needs.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to present to large and small groups in a variety of settings
- Creative self-starter with strong organization, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Committed leader who can balance multiple programs and direct resources appropriately
- Able to build and maintain strong client relations
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to travel
- Skill in supervising to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to develop strategic plans to grow the business
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
US-based position excluding Colorado.