Director, Paid Search (Remote)
Thank you for your interest in AMP Agency! The role we are looking to fill is for a Director, Paid Search. You will be responsible for leading the SEM team at AMP, and will directly report into the Vice President of Media. You will develop and lead the team in developing best in class strategies and management of Paid Search campaigns. In this role you will collaborate across agency teams to establish the practice in developing integrated media plans and measurement framework for digital-focused plans that cover the entire decision journey. The ideal candidate will bring forth a strong point of view and passion for the client's business and will be a thoughtful decision maker. Must haves include at least 7 years of relevant SEM/PPC strategy and executional experience with a minimum of 4 years of team development and leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years paid search experience
- 4+ years team leadership experience
- Prior experience leading channel strategy, approach and plan development for paid search
- In-depth experience managing campaigns within Google Ads, and Bing Ads
- Experience managing retail sponsored campaigns on Amazon, Walmart, Target etc
- Google AdWords certification (Fundamentals & Advanced) Certification required
- Previous experience managing or mentoring at least 5 people
- Advanced computer skills, proven proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs
- Act as a leader within client media team and the Media Department at large
- Inspire creativity, confidence and enthusiasm among team members
- Create meaningful strategic approach by applying insights around client’s business/brand, the consumer journey and the marketplace
- Seek out new opportunities, collaborate with analytics team continually optimize for short and long term performance
- Responsible for consistency and quality of internal plan and budget documents
- Ensure that plan execution stays on strategy and that cadenced optimization/maintenance occurs
- Manage and mentor team inclusive of establishing ways of working for Paid Search
- Active leadership in meetings/brainstorm sessions
- Direct and manage the team with regards to the daily workflow of all paid search campaigns, including proposal development, campaign activation & maintenance, performance readouts
- Comfortable with ambiguity and quickly adjusts thinking and actions should the realities of a situation shift?
- Immerses self in clients' business: understanding their goals, external economic environment, industries; also know their business model, how it is performing and what success looks like
- Ensure best practice and innovation in all search activities; ensure knowledge sharing across teams
- Liaise with other media teams to share and learn strategies internally to ensure the innovative ideas/new tactics and strategies are always considered
- An active participant in refining and enhancing the Media Department’s contribution to the advancement of AMP’s current and future clients
- Contribute to new business development and pitches when required
About AMP Agency
AMP Agency is a full-service, integrated marketing agency with offices in Boston, New York, Seattle and Los Angeles. We're a team of creative minds, digital strategists, social and behavioral scientists and media experts that focus on creating contextually relevant consumer engagements across digital and physical brand experiences. We employ an "Insights Inspired, Results Driven" approach to design end-to-end marketing solutions for the brands with which we partner.
AMP Agency is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. AMP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. AMP Agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age or other legally protected status. We prohibit harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.