Director of Finance
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a dynamic Director of Finance responsible for working with business leaders to execute sales strategies for the organization. Areas of responsibility include financial reporting, planning and budgeting, business case analysis, process improvement, accounting, and staff management/development. The position reports to the Sr Director of Finance, with exposure to the senior finance leadership team.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
The Director of Finance effectively manages the financial operations of the assigned division by managing the accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting, either by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Consults with management concerning major economic objectives and policies for the Company.
- Directs preparation of budgets.
- Manages the division’s financial operations, including cash management, budgeting, general ledger, billing, payables, collections, and monitoring financial performance.
- Prepares timely, accurate and succinct reports which summarize, analyze, and forecast the division’s business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations; and presents such reports to management.
- Supervises the Accounting/Finance personnel and performance for the division.
- Coordinates division controllers and coordinates with Corporate Accounting.
- Assists with company acquisitions, reviewing finances, participates in the due diligence process.
- Assists with audits of the divisions’ accounts; works with outside accountants to prepare and file tax returns and reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Approves AP as appropriate.
- Assists with various accounting functions in problem resolution as needed
- Provides ad-hoc reports and analysis to management as requested
- Attends divisional leadership meetings on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Review monthly results with Division President.
- Liaise with other corporate departments – IT/Legal/HR/Strategic Sourcing.
- Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- (Preferred)Master's Degree preferred
- Field of Study/Area of Experience: Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting or related field
- 7+ years of related experience in finance
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated in-depth expertise in/knowledge of applications of financial information systems, excellent management skills, and proficient interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors