This is a critical role in managing all variables of shelf merchandising, schematic development, and planned reset execution for assigned Division. This position will lead Schematic development to ensure job functions are being completed timely, supporting with any needed training, and filling in as needed.
- Oversee Division schematic process and ensure deadlines are being adhered to.
- Responsible for execution of all division Plan O Grams (Fresh)
- Represents all division needs to the National Team
- Review of the national category teams
- Create base schematics and version for Division specific categories.
- Communicate and Support Assortment and National Schematic team as needed.
- Adhere to category reset schedules and NICI schedules.
- Support in coordinating and creating hardware orders for category resets; communicates & coordinates deliveries with RMSI.
- Provide National Category Director tracking information on category resets and NICI; identify issues and opportunities, provide recommendations.
- Assist Category Assort Analyst in generating reports to address any item set up issues, merchandising opportunities, and distribution voids as needed.
- Check email at least twice daily and respond within 24 hours.
- BA/BS degree required or equivalent experience.
- Non-perishable/perishable product knowledge and merchandising background preferred.
- Schematic building experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the relation between product and shelf space.
- Strong PC skills with a preferred broad knowledge of any of the following; Apollo, Galleria, Designer Workstation, Pro Space, Spaceman, Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of internal Albertsons systems a plus.
- Strong analytical skill with the ability to solve business problems.
- Ability to interface and build relationships with senior management.
- Team oriented with excellent time management and organization skills.
- Customer service oriented with ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations.
- Must be multi-task oriented and able to act as a liaison between all divisions/departments.
- Must possess and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, energy, and be very detail oriented.
- Sterling integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to view the changing dynamics of the grocery industry and seek out opportunities for synergy and integration within different areas of the business.
- Able to effectively cope with change.
- Working knowledge of store layouts, category adjacencies, and merchandising flows