The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Lead Engineer Software architects, designs, and develops software that support the business units (Sales, Marketing, HR, etc.) in the Company; systems and software include CRM, Business Intelligence, and other strategic custom software applications. The Lead Software Engineer serves as the project lead for small to mid-sized projects and primary point of contact for client stakeholders. Will manage stakeholders, gather requirements, design solutions, write and review code.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, and deploy code for the Company's technology platforms
- Work with leadership to develop a technology roadmap for specific projects and systems
- Plan and execute efforts to address technical debt for legacy systems and processes
- Share acquired skills/knowledge with team members and mentor junior engineers
- Architect, develop and maintain services, business objects/APIs on Java, Spark, Groovy/Apache Caml and SQL server platform
- Work with many technologies and serves as the subject matter expert on select technologies or platforms
- Engage directly with the business stakeholder and is the bridge between the business and the technical team
- Guide the software development of custom applications, ERP, CRM and IT strategic projects
- Own small to mid-sized system
- Lead efforts to gather and convert Business Requirements into Functional Designs and Wireframes
- Architect and develop solutions for complex business problems
- Provide guidance to a team of software developers and testers
- Develop and enforce software development best practices
- Lead code reviews and technical exchange sessions
- Manage the development and maintenance of technical documents
- Manage the backlog and product roadmap
End User Support
- Triage and troubleshoot issues with users
- Support user training and onboarding activities
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Management Information Systems, Computer Science
- 3-5 years of integrating with ERP, OMS and Supply Chain applications.
- Significant and recent development experience and expertise Java, Python, SQL, at least one integration platform (e.g., Mulesoft)
- 3-5 years of deploying applications in the Cloud.
- 3-5 years of maintaining or supporting business applications.
- Prior consulting experience is a big plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Team building Skills
- Analytical and research Skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Good knowledge of related technologies such as GitHub, Apache Camel, SQL, Hibernate, Spring, Python.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
- Able to work in our West Loop location.
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.