Advantage Unified Commerce is built to be the world’s most effective commerce marketing agency. We bring integration to a layered and siloed landscape, unifying strategy, analytics, creative, media, e-commerce and trade marketing to unlock commerce potential for some of the world’s best-known brands. From Retail Media Networks and social commerce to last-mile delivery and in-store activation, we are everywhere that people shop and buy.
The role of the Media Manager is to develop and manage the successful execution of commerce media programs for one or more clients, including program design and implementation and overseeing quality of work by any direct reports across his/her assigned book of accounts. The role requires a strong understanding of digital media to effectively drive day-to-day tactical execution and optimization of campaigns and deliver successful program outcomes.
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business, including their products and services, competitive landscape, and trends in their industry
- Lead day-to-day project team in planning, buying and management of commerce media campaigns
- Work with the Media Director and planning team on the development of target insights, utilizing research tools and resources to aid in planning recommendations and campaign development
- Research potential media partners and evaluate opportunities
- Oversee inventory procurement, including contracting, spec gathering and ad trafficking
- Manage in-market programs to ensure delivery, performance and optimizations are on track
- Collaborate with the Analytics team to quantify the impact of our work on our client's business and drive continual improvements
- Oversee program budgets, invoicing and billing reconciliation
- Manage one or more junior team members, appropriately delegating to maintain a balanced workload while providing training, support, inspiration and constructive feedback on their work
- Stay up to date with all market/consumer trends and commerce media partners/platforms and actively share learnings with the broader team
- Collaborate with cross-functional agencies to identify areas for process improvement, centered around delivering client value and success
- 6-8 years ofdigitalmedia experience as both a practitioner and manager across a variety of formats (e.g., display, native, video/CTV, audio, search, social, mobile, DOOH, email) in direct and/or programmatic environments
- Strong understanding of performance media channels and strategies, including paid search and programmatic particularly as it pertains to strategic set-up (targeting techniques), data analysis and campaign optimization; retail media, e-commerce, and/or CPG experience preferred
- Experience with common syndicated research, media planning and ad tech tools (e.g., Kantar, MRI Simmons, Mediaocean, various RMNs, ad servers, and DSPs)
- Strong quantitative experience with proven ability to interpret data and craft recommendations
- Able to evaluate and recommend specific partners/tactics/tools, draft plans/performance reports in a logical format/flow, and effectively articulate overall program objectives/approach/results
- Able to anticipate client needs/perspective/process and respond accordingly
- Capable of developing and maintaining relationships with key media partners/vendors
- Experience managing direct reports; able to effectively lead and motivate others from plan development through execution and measurement
- Detail-oriented and well-organized with strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Effective time management skills – able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and issue-resolution skills, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
- Travel up to 20%
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. AUC reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. AUC shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.