The AMP Media Planner is responsible for media strategy development, media planning & buying, and reporting in concert with their client specific team(s). The ideal candidate is passionate about media and uses brand and consumer insights to drive business outcomes through smart and innovative solutions. This person will serve as a syndicate resource tools expert and have a constant desire to learn about and activate emerging technology on behalf of clients. Experience in both digital and traditional media is preferred. The candidate will handle the day-to-day communication with external partners, integrate internal channel teams and ensure accurate delivery, pacing and reconciliation for the programs they oversee. Someone with a keen focus on their client’s business is an ideal candidate for this role.
- Work within an integrated media team that has channel expertise across all facets of digital and traditional media
- Strong grasp of the media landscape and emerging technologies
- Meet with media partners to learn about opportunities and apply to client to businesses
- Develop RFPs, and negotiate relentlessly on behalf of clients
- Issue IOs, buy authorizations, and collect creative specs for internal or external creative teams
- Demonstrate problem solving ability and strong time management skills
- Strong understanding of paid media strategies across digital and traditional, with a focus on digital
- Has worked on media programs from discovery to execution and has participated in the full planning process
- Strong analytical mindset that can quickly look at media performance and recommend optimizations
- Participate in competitive analyses, landscape assessments, client opportunities and SWOT analyses
- Work independently and take initiative to manage administrative needs
- Collaborate with other agency disciplines, such as creative and account service, and client groups to drive innovative marketing solutions
- BA in Marketing or related field
- 1-2 years of experience with paid digital media, inclusive of social, direct partnerships, programmatic and search, preferably in an Agency environment
- Previous success in the planning, development, and management of interactive/digital media campaigns for brands or products
- Traditional media planning experience preferred with specific focus on broadcast and OOH
- Experience with Google Campaign Manager (DoubleClick) and other 3rd party tracking solutions
- Ability to analyze data and a strong understanding of measurement practices, 3rd party measurement companies, attribution tools and web analytics
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven client service orientation with strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- Ability to consistently perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment as an individual on a team
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated interest in keeping up with emerging technologies and the digital marketing
- Some travel may be required
- PowerPoint presentation skills and Excel skills are required
- Entrepreneurial — We expect you to think and act Like You Own the Place.
- Collaborative — At the core of this job is an innate desire to Make Everyone Better.
- Smarter — We expect this individual to Be Visionary. S/he should have a passion for the business side of marketing and the ability to apply Wall Street Journal headlines into thoughtful business strategy.
- Ego-free — Check your ego at the door. We expect that this individual can thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment without rubbing people the wrong way.
- Results Driven — This individual will be critical to our client's success. We expect that s/he always bring it back to the results. Our client success is our success.
About AMP Agency
AMP Agency is a full-service, integrated marketing agency with offices in Boston, New York, Seattle and Los Angeles. We're a team of creative minds, digital strategists, social and behavioral scientists and media experts that focus on creating contextually relevant consumer engagements across digital and physical brand experiences. We employ an "Insights Inspired, Results Driven" approach to design end-to-end marketing solutions for the brands with which we partner.