Category Manager - Canada
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a dynamic Category Manager who will be responsible for deriving business insights and actionable recommendations for their assigned client base through the analysis and integration of sales tracking and consumer/shopper data sources.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Lifeworks Program)
- PerkSpot Discounts on Travel, Movies, Cell Phones and more
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Support Client’s shopper insights managers who are leading custom market research projects, working to synthesize insights and establishing compelling means of disseminating findings to relevant teams throughout the Client’s organization.
- Ad-hoc data pulls and queries from Client’s proprietary syndicated data tracking tool---to inform category stories and strategies at customers, monitor shopper responses to customer tactics, answer customer specific questions, track the success of innovation launches, fill Nielsen data gaps to broaden understanding of the retail landscape.
- Development of “Basic Training” reports as directed by each Client manager (e.g. succinct decks to inform the organization on relevant topics of broad interest such as shopper groups, retailer activity, etc.).
- Work with other relevant databases, as appropriate ---shopper loyalty card data, syndicated data, specialized databases (e.g. Amazon database for the online position).
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing/Social Sciences or equivalent work experience required; Advanced degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2+ years of increasing market research experience with a proficiency in project management
- Technical experience with consumer panels and/or shopper loyalty card databases is beneficial
- Prior experience with “retailer” orientation and/or field sales team a strong plus
- Superior knowledge and application of software packages such as PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong written communications and compelling presentation skill
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers, and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.