We are seeking a talented individual to join our organization as an Account Manager on our sales team to manage and drive our vendor partners business at Target.
What You’ll Do:
- Be an advocate on behalf of assigned vendors to help them solve problems, understand the needs of Target, and be successful in their business.
- Communicate effectively with vendors and Target to build positive relationships and translate needs to achieve positive outcomes.
- Demonstrate an ability to collaborate effectively across multiple divisions at JLB to meet business needs.
- Manage pre-season forecast process, in addition to the chase/cancel process. Create and align item level forecasts between Target (Inventory and Planning Analysts) and assigned vendor partners.
- Apply analytical skills through providing insights from the analysis of key sales reports
- Manage Buyer requests including product revisions, samples, planogram requests, ad-hoc analysis
- Validate and dispute Claims & Post Audits
- Identify opportunities within your own role in addition to your vendor, to simplify processes and drive efficiencies and work cross-functionally to implement guidance and training to improve them
- Help onboard new vendors and effectively train other account managers on vendor businesses that might be tranfered from you to them.
- Prepare for line reviews, “Top-to-Tops”, and other key meetings
- Create / Own the master item listings for each of your vendors
- Submit, forecast, track and report on incremental business opportunities (new items, endcaps, circulars, TPCs, and markdowns)
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of Account Management Experience (required)
- 2+ years of item level forecasting Experience (required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (required)
- 2+ years of previous experience working with Target’s corporate offices (preferred)
- Costumer service oriented
- Ability to communicate through story-telling
- Problem solving and navigating ambiguous situations