Retail Merchandiser Sales Development Canada
The Retail Sales Merchandiser Development position is designed for candidates to gain exposure and learn all aspects of the retail business so they may develop into a leadership role in sales development. The Retail Merchandiser Sales Development employee works within the Company Degreed Associate Performance Team (ADAPT) program, which provides training, mentoring and leadership development while the associate works within an assigned territory. During that time you will work to achieve client goals/objectives by effectively managing stores, increasing brand representation/effectiveness and establishing trade/Client relationships on the job site. The Company works hard to train and develop our employees to achieve success while providing room for advancement and competitive pay. If this sounds like the career for you, apply today!
- Clients/Brands Represented Familiarize with Clients and products at Retail
- Customer Relations Gain working knowledge of Customer relations by working with Customers and store personnel
- Store Conditions Achieve Client goals/objectives by effectively managing stores within assigned territory Increase brand representation/effectiveness through establishing and maintaining trade/Client relationships Gain working knowledge of Key Performance Indicators
- Merchandising Maintain Client objectives by ensuring all authorized items are represented on the shelf and tagged accurately Ensure unsaleable/out-of-code product is removed following Customer/Client guidelines
- Sales Increase sales volume through promotional activity by selling/building displays, creating themes to support holiday/special promo events, and perform resets
- New Items Ensure all authorized items are tagged and in distribution according
- Administration/Reporting/Communication Maintain Retail Account Profile Card Ensure store call information/reporting is accurate/timely Check Voicemail a minimum of three times daily
- Call Coverage Maintain frequency coverage
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related area or equivalent experience (required)
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Decision making skills
- Analytical and research Skills
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact: Recruiter, Talent Acquisition, for external applicants, or, a Supervisor for internal applicants.