VP CDS Global Sales Strategy & Operations
This critical leadership role drives our global sales team efficiency and effectiveness by developing a sales strategy and operationalizing that vision by building the tools, materials and processes to bring it to life. This role reports to the President of CDS and services with global CDS sales teams.
This role enables our sales teams to show up to Costco and vendors with deep credibility and able to demonstrate value with proactive insights, a global view of activities and best practices and up to date case studies and capabilities materials. In addition, this role will manage our externally facing brand communications including the website, PR, client and vendor communications to demonstrate that are leaders in the demo and promotional space and the preferred partner for them.
The Sales Strategy and Operations team supports our sales team to share meaningful insights and hold productive meetings that win business by building and continually updating training, tools, process support and materials to conduct joint business planning, business reviews and check ins.
This team is responsible for reinforcing the sales strategy and growth-oriented activities through a thoughtful internal communications program that builds a collaborative and growth-oriented culture across CDS.
- Build a sales strategy based on the business growth plans, vendor and regional opportunity areas, client and vendor feedback and feasibility
- Build marketing materials for use with clients and vendors - websites, capabilities portfolios, digital assets, pitch materials, case studies, Grand opening packets etc.
- Work with systems team to build enhancements, find new ways to create efficiency and open up opportunities for sales team through event and customer management systems, vendor portal
- Build and communicate useful reporting that creates actionable insights for the sales team and demonstrates impact to clients and vendors
- Continually collect and integrate feedback through sales team meetings, client and vendor surveys, and warehouse visits
- Build sales team training modules, conduct coaching sessions
- Proactively refine the sales and vendor strategy by looking for patterns and insights in the reporting, vendor launches, vendor behaviors, other promotional activities
- Build and maintain Joint Business planning processes and tools
- Run sales manager meetings to create community of peers, encourage best practice sharing, create global opportunities for growth
- Manage CDS communications internally and externally – associate comms, town halls, newsletters, website. Establish message and voice, audience and vehicle strategy and execute
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in Sales Strategy
- Communication skills and storytelling – written and verbal. Ability to present to senior leadership, work cross functionally and concisely create written communications for vendors and client. Creatively craft a story to make a business point
- Financial Acumen – understand a P&L, understand ROI and how to estimate cost and return, how to communicate financial matters to leadership and client
- Business judgment- understanding how to diagnose and create an action plan for business problems, how to prioritize what is important and be able to raise up the right matters at the right time
- Resourcefulness – ability to get things done, to solve problems, find the right people and processes, leverage every benefit possible to move the business independently
- Listening – listen to teammates, leadership, clients and vendors and turn that feedback into action through tools, training, communications