This is a critical role in managing and streamlining planned retail activity for Wave Resets, NICI’s and national strategic Projects in collaboration with division and national account stakeholders. The National Program Coordinator will be responsible to have a clear understanding of category strategies and verify all processes prior to execution are being followed and timelines are adhered to; or proactively identify risk and support with issue resolution or workarounds. This position will directly manage the Program Coordinator (PC) team aligned with the divisions and collaborate with National Category Directors (NCD), division Sales Managers (SM) and National Merchandising & Space Planning teams.
- Oversee the PC team that are aligned with each division to ensure national processes are being followed and timelines are being adhered to.
- Mange workflow between the National Category Directors (NCD) and Division Sales Mangers (SM) to ensure both national and divisional business needs are being supported, and PC team are equally sharing in those responsibilities.
- Assign PC to NCD’s as Wave Resets and NICI’s are being planned. This will include overseeing the PC’s coordination of merchandising activity including but not limited to, writing execution instructions, collaborating with other division coordinators on category specific insights, support with workarounds, monitor test set activity and provide KPI’s as needed during retail execution.
- Oversee the development of Reset instructions in collaboration with NCD’s and division SM’s that meet the business objectives and support the execution teams.
- Verify we have a streamlined approach to execution planning, including sharing best practices as a national cross-functional PC team.
- Oversee national Test Set process for NCD’s and SM’s: including verification of scheduling of labor, monitoring timelines, ensuring samples are ordered, communication has gone out to stores, execution teams & division leadership, verification of proper schematics are developed, manage scheduling of walk-throughs with key stakeholders and provide global feedback to all national and divisional stakeholders.
- National coordination liaison between divisions and national account owners to ensure stakeholders strategies are being followed and execution teams are setup for success.
- Work directly with Schematic Mangers to ensure all divisions have completed the review of schematic versioning and macro-maps and advice back to owners on any global concerns or change recommendations.
- Manage the collaboration between the PC team and the Schematic Managers, Assort Leads and Corporate Space Planning teams as Wave instructions are developed, schematic versioning is being reviewed, assortment follow-up is required, and macro maps are verified or division specific follow-up that is needed.
- Stay connected to the Nationalized strategies with the objective to advocate for division specific considerations (equipment, schematic, execution, macro, etc.)
- Monitor and report on KPI’s and timelines for reset progress.
- Ensure projects are setup in the system for upcoming Waves and NICI’s, including Mins/Ft have been loaded by operations team and follow-up as required.
- Verify we have signed Work Orders in the system and follow-up during execution to ensure no work orders need to be revised that are more than 5% over for Wave and 10% for projects.
- Verify reset schedules are loaded in the system 5-weeks in advance of upcoming Waves and follow-up on any late divisions.
- Oversee the coordination of hardware orders for category resets working directly with National Hardware Coordinator and National Logistics Director.
- Provide tracking information on category resets and NICI’s; identify issues & opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Mange the maintenance of validation exception reporting and StoreNet mapping compliance.
- Oversight and direct management of any national program specific initiatives and projects that requires additional support.
- Participate and run internal & client divisional and national leadership calls as needed.
- Prepare and manage any requested reports and executive summaries within the required timelines and frequency
- Check email at least twice daily and respond within 24 hours.
- Individuals with 5 years of retail experience (preferably grocery, but open to all retail) including Merchandising, experience in project management, with superior communications skills, able and comfortable working with all levels of management are encouraged to apply.