SAS Sr. Associate Product Development
SAS Retail Services provides national retail merchandising services to a host of fortune 500 CPG companies, distributors, and wholesalers, within the grocery, mass, home/hardware, and drug channels.
The Sr Associate Product Development is responsible for the end-to-end design, development, and sourcing of complex Private Label home merchandise. This role is accountable for sales/gross margin performance, driven by negotiating cost of internationally sourced merchandise. The Sr Associate will also create go to market strategy including product financial goals, marketing opportunities, packaging, and assortment. They will also create technical specification guides for corporate brand product and manage social compliance regulations in regard to factory execution.
Our people are what make SAS Retail Services a great place to work. All of us work hard to win for the customer – some of the nation’s largest retailers — and that’s what makes it fun, the drive to do whatever it takes to get the job done. APPLY TODAY!
What We Offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Paid Training and Career Development
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback.
- Complete full profit and loss analysis for corporate brand general merchandise on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Communicate creative strategies, product concepts, and consumer insights to internal & external audiences.
- Identify marketing and merchandising opportunities consistent with brand guidelines to drive market share and household penetration.
- Review corporate brand financial performance assessing profitability on a seasonal /annual basis.
- Serve as liaison between overseas agents, manufactures and the merchandising group communicating aspects of development.
- Communicate and hold manufacturers accountable for social compliance ratings; authorize factory change or subcontracting of product development-initiated programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field or equivalent job-related experience required
- Masters Degree preferred
- 4 years of product development experience, preferably in Textile Design, Production Development, International Sourcing, Creative Direction, Fabric Technology, Pattern Design, Furniture Engineering
- 2 years of fashion buying or planning experience in import driven retail categories demonstrating strong financial performance.
- Experienced in United States Customs and transportation of product on a global scale.
- Experienced in consumer product safety commission lab test analysis.