Senior Director/Director of IT - Application Development
At Advantage Solutions, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a highly dynamic IT leader to stand up and operate a new product for our global workforce. This is truly unique role that you would get to own a modern custom-built platform and mobile apps that would be to introduce to thousands of associates around the world through launch of a transformational business operating model.
This leader should have an excellent engineering foundation and be well-rounded in architecting, building, and maintaining world class solutions, with an emphasis on usability, extensibility, and stability. The successful candidate should possess the technical acumen and managerial experience to lead a team that includes high-potential architects and engineers. The position requires a strategic leadership approach, exceptional leadership skills, and strong cross-team and cross-functional collaboration skills. This role requires strong communication skills and the ability to work with executives, technology peers, key business partners, technical staff, and external partners. We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills, who has a strong bias for innovation and out-of-the-box thinking, loves solving complex problems, and thrives in our high energy, fast paced environment.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Fun, exciting, Remote first culture
- Lead, Own and manage the design, product and engineering functions for the new platform
- Sets direction for direct reports to ensure supported business units are receiving the customer service and innovative technology solutions required. Provides insight, guidance and support to both the Business Engagement and PMO teams.
- Works closely with business unit leaders, business relationship managers and IT Leadership teams to develop close partnerships in support of IT dept. goals and objectives.
- Build and mentor a broad team of software engineers and product owners and drive highly engaged ownership culture
- Architect, design, and build critical back-end systems, mobile applications and integrate with third party SaaS systems
- Research leading edge technologies and processes for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Work with internal and external development teams to track delivery solutions to defined architectural standards.
- Plan, forecast and manage budgets
- 15+ years of experience in technology role, including 5+ years in a leadership role
- Solid background in cloud-first environments and building cloud-native platforms in GCP or AWS
- Recent hands-on experience in Mobile development or backend development using Python Django
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving technology landscape and keep pace with the latest thinking and new technologies.
- Track record of building and effectively managing internal, external and globally distributed teams
- “Hands-on” operating style, potentially bring in startup work style to a large enterprise.
- Proven experience as a business-focused, credible leader in a large fast-growing technology company
- Eligibility for US employment (sorry, we are not able to provide visa sponsorship for this role)