Senior AWS Cloud Engineer
Advantage Solutions is seeking a talented a Senior AWS Cloud Engineer to join our engineering teams with the architecture, scripting (Infrastructure as Code), deployment, support, operations maintenance, as well as continued improvements/upgrades of our enterprise level cloud infrastructure.
This Senior AWS Cloud Engineer position provides advanced design and engineering support for Advantage Solutions’ cloud infrastructure applications. It requires experience architecting and deploying cloud-based solutions in AWS. As a Senior Cloud Engineer you will be responsible for cross functional collaboration to develop, maintain and continuously upgrade our cloud architecture, operations, and support model.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work with technology teams to develop target state cloud architecture, as well as planning for ongoing cloud technology optimization.
- Drive cloud/ technology discussions and facilitate decision with other teams within the organization.
- Manage/execute POCs and feasibility studies to validate next-gen product concepts and technologies leveraging results to guide business and technology decisions.
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, governance, cost controls, etc.
- Drive technical designs to consensus and approval.
- Work with product owners and other functional teams to translate the roadmap into releases.
- Keep abreast of and gain expertise in the evolving technology and understand how new technologies could be applied.
- Develop road map to leverage/use IaaS and PaaS across the organization.
- 5-10 years of experience supporting mission critical infrastructure services at a large organization.
- 4+ years deploying/managing cloud-based network infrastructures (can be flexible on years).
- Experience in cloud computing-based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS delivery models.
- Expertise in architecting secure cloud solutions.
- Expertise in AWS IAM Security models.
- Experience building High Availability/Fault Tolerant Systems.
- Expertise in creating/updating/maintaining CloudFormation templates or other IaC.
- Experience using AWS Container solutions (ECS, Fargate, Kubernetes).
- Experience using Docker containers.
- Experience using AWS RDS database solutions and Redshift (a plus).
- Experience using AWS NoSQL solutions such as DynamoDB, MongoDB (a plus).
- Experience with Elasticache, ElasticSearch, SQS, SNS, Lambda, WorkSpaces among others.
- Experience with Windows and Linux platforms.
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM environment (a plus).
- DevOps experience monitoring and supporting AWS systems.
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/continuous deployment and cloud delivery models.
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem-solving skills.
- Deep expertise in public cloud architecture and transformation strategy as well as product architecture.
- Ability and working experience in bash, batch, or Python scripting.
- Understanding of GIT, ansible playbooks and cloud templating.
- Ability to create business cases for new technology proposals.
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet.
- Possess an understanding of system testing including platform, integration, load and scale testing.
- Knowledge of infrastructure design & server infrastructure implementation.
- Experience with networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers.
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to write technical documentation (platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.).
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in the cloud environment.
- Proficient at multitasking and proactive in work responsibilities.