Senior Software Engineer
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in retail/e-commerce/digital technology solutions, outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
· Design, develop, test, and deploy code for the Sales and Marketing business unit.
· Work with the other software engineers, business analysts and testers to deliver a successful product while meeting project goals.
· Share acquired skills/knowledge with team members and mentor junior engineers as necessary.
· Actively contribute new ideas and programming concepts to the team.
· Help define and convert Business Requirements into Functional Designs and Wireframes.
· Triage and troubleshoot issues with users.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or comparable major or equivalent experience required.
· At least 5-10 years of significant and recent development experience with C# 6+, .NET 4.5+, Angular 2.x, and TSQL.
· Experience in web service, API, REST, and microservices development.
· Familiarity with the following is a Plus: Mobile development/UI expert, Responsive Design, NoSql, nodejs, cloud computing, distributed messaging.
· Strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills.
Additional Knowledge and Abilities:
· Familiar with Agile Development Practices
· Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
· Ability to share knowledge and expertise with other software engineers
· Strong analytical thinking and problem solving
· Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
· Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
· Motivated to learn, experiment, and use the latest technologies
· Positive attitude with a desire to solve problems
· Familiar with the stages of the software development lifecycle
· Knowledge of security best practices
· Team player who is comfortable partnering with business departments
· Troubleshooting and debugging skills
· Comfortable shuffling priorities and context switching based on business needs
· Possess a sense of pride and confidence in authored code
· Understand the business domain and why a feature is needed, not just how to build it