Lead Software Engineer
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in retail/e-commerce/digital technology solutions, outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements Gathering & Planning
- Regularly meet with stakeholders and users to determine requirements and demo development progress. Create wireframes and mockups, architect systems and data models, and plan a development roadmap.
- Code back-end services, controllers, and APIs; front-end views and components; and data models that meet the project’s requirements. Advance the codebase by removing technical debt.
Testing and QA
- Incorporate and improve unit test coverage and generate UI tests to automate testing. Smoke test as needed and perform code reviews to ensure the accuracy and clarity of code.
Customer Service & Support
- Provide post-release training, troubleshooting, and ad-hoc bug fixes. Write and keep technical documents up-to-date.
Personal & Team Growth
- Adopt and advance the team’s best practices and actively contribute new ideas and concepts. Maintain understanding of current technologies and programming practices through continuous education, reading, workshops, and/or groups. Train new software engineers.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Responsibilities: Additional Knowledge and Abilities: Environmental & Physical Requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Knowledge and Abilities:
Environmental & Physical Requirements