Waypoint is a highly decorated employer of choice in the food service industry, representing leading brands that enjoy top positions in their categories. Our mission is to be a seamless and flexible extension of our clients. Must. Love. Food. Whether its developing recipes, creating menus, building out an ecommerce strategy, all roads lead back to FOOD.
Specializing in creating value for customers in all segments including hospitality, healthcare, education, government, military and of course out of home dining. If you want to work at the intersection of culinary interest and fast paced commerce, join the team that does not follow food trends but rather sets them.
Waypoint is an inclusive work environment where our passion for the business drives us to gainfully connect our clients and customers. Our people are by far our greatest asset and together we live our motto every day – WINNING AS ONE.
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Specialist who will responsible for managing all aspects of the warehouse including handling shipments, unloading trucks, general receiving, frozen food and sample management. This is an on-premise role in the Central Dallas, Texas area.
What you will do:
- Receive and verify accuracy of shipments
- Evaluate quality of products received and note/report damage and discrepancies
- Unload trucks and route products to appropriate storage place
- Maintain and monitor warehouse inventory levels to ensure adequate supply
- Inventory existing warehouse products and note/report damage or deterioration
- Collaborate with Sales Operations, distributors and other personnel on product shipments and inventory needs
- Prepare and pack samples according to work or sample order using proper food safety and preparation techniques
- Submit sample orders based on client guidelines into client, distributor and internal systems for processing, as needed
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned
What you bring to the table:
- 0-2 years of related warehouse experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; working knowledge of SharePoint
- Ability to effectively communicate over the phone and through email
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Creative problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical ability
- Unquestionable work ethics, personal integrity and honesty
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
We look forward to working with you! Please apply and have a great day!