Account Executive - Food Service
Waypoint is a highly decorated employer of choice in the food service industry, representing leading brands that enjoy top positions in their categories. Our mission is to be a seamless and flexible extension of our clients. Must. Love. Food. Whether its developing recipes, creating menus, building out an ecommerce strategy, all roads lead back to FOOD.
Specializing in creating value for customers in all segments including hospitality, healthcare, education, government, military and of course out of home dining. If you want to work at the intersection of culinary interest and fast paced commerce, join the team that does not follow food trends but rather sets them.
Waypoint is an inclusive work environment where our passion for the business drives us to gainfully connect our clients and customers. Our people are by far our greatest asset and together we live our motto every day – WINNING AS ONE.
The Waypoint Account Executive is responsible for establishing new food service business, developing current business relationships and ensuring client and customer satisfaction to produce new revenue for the organization.
What We Offer:
- Full Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Maintain and develop a portfolio of priority and assigned accounts through sales calls
- Develop sales plan to achieve assigned objective and initiatives
- Prepare and conduct food shows and sales events with operators and distributors
- Maintain and develop client sales at assigned distribution
- Serve as the primary point of contact for represented clients
- Evaluate sales opportunities and follow up on closed deals to ensure satisfaction
- Present new items and seek conversion opportunities with existing clients to add incremental business
- Participate in sales training for distributors and manufacturers
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned
- 1-3 years experience in food service account management preferred.
- Strong client/customer relationship acumen
- Knowledge of foodservice industry
- Ability to develop a sales action plan with specific objectives that drive results in given time-line
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem solving and project management skills
- Travel as appropriate