Accounting Manager - Korean/English Language Skills Required
Reporting to the Director/VP of Finance, the Accounting manager will perform highly specialized accounting work required to maintain the integrity of Daymon’s ledgers, business systems, and finance projects. He or she will manage these projects, reports, and resource requirements while directing the activities of the accounting staff to accurately and quickly record general accounting metrics including the revenues, expenditures, assets and liabilities of the organization. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the monthly close process, monthly, quarterly and annual billings to clients for services provided, supervising accounts payable, and monthly internal and external reporting. Additionally, the Accounting manager serves as the Finance Business Partner for CDS Korea organization, identifying and implementing sound procedures, controls and process improvements to optimize business performance. The incumbent prepares, presents and explains financial variances to leadership, and conducts monthly reviews of reports with business leaders. This position is also responsible for the yearend audit and tax processes, and policy and procedure documentation. The Accounting manager will lead a team of accounting and billing staff.
Based on overall accountability, scope/level of responsibility, choose leadership framework for this position:
- Individual Contributor
X Manager of Individual Contributors
Team Responsibility (Number of people the job will oversee): 3 (1 Staff Accountant, 2 Billing staff, 1 Payroll staff)
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Direct the daily accounting activities required to maintain Daymon’s general ledgers, consisting of, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, fixed asset activity, and the recording of revenue and expenses.
- Oversee financial models that provide financial analysis and decision support to business leadership on key business components. Propose potential solutions to complex problems.
- Ensure expenditure control and compliance with funding and reporting requirements, company policy and standard accounting procedures.
- Manage budget and forecasting for department.
- Review monthly reports and month-end journal entities that compares data for multiple entities to recommend funding and capital to resolve operational issues.
- Champion the month-end close to assure all accounting transactions are at a level for Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); review financial statements for each entity.
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Oversees monthly audit controls are in place and assists with the annual audit.
- Demonstrate functional expertise in all facets of financial strategy and accounting practices via on-the-job development, educational and networking opportunities
- Scrutinize and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing business systems projects that link to strategic objectives.
- Ensure deadlines for reporting and filings are maintained.
- Effectively partner with leaders to create solid understanding of key financial metrics and how to track for desired results.
- Ensure appropriate amount of support (time & resource allocation) for top initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to improve and develop the business process flow.
- Communicate and escalate issues appropriately.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
- Hire, develop and lead a high-performing team. Involves helping with work allocation, problem resolution and evaluating performance.
- Provide direction, training and coaching to the team.
- Retain key talent to enable the execution of the goals of the Company.
- Motivate and inspire the finance team to produce and deliver accurate financial information to all business leaders
- Inspire employees to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence
- Execute strategic initiatives for the corporate finance team and recommend strategies.
- Partner with business units to ensure support of strategic objectives for region’s internal customers.
- Support, provide guidance with customer issues relating to cost/value.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to strategic objectives and initiatives. Work with Director/VP of Finance and team to execute strategic plans for the company and initiatives for the Finance function
- Direct, delegate, empower and influence effectively.
- Interact with key leadership and develop partnerships with management at CDS, with customer account teams and external customers.
- Communicate effectively requests and findings across departments and organizational levels.
- Able to work in a collaborative fashion; positive influence to drive revenue enhancement, return on investment or expense management initiatives that ensure performance results are met
- Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree Business, Finance or Accounting or related discipline; Preferred: MBA/Graduate Degree &/or CPA, CFA
- Minimum: 10 years of progressive experience at Manager level in Finance or Accounting
- Preferred: Strong experience in private and public accounting sectors
- Exposure to complex accounting issues including business consolidation, company valuation a plus
- Dynamics AX and Blackline experience desired
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams; preferred minimum of 5 years managing accounting staff
- Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), IFRS (International Financial Standards), GAAS (Generally Accepted Auditing Standards) and demonstrated application of the principles. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail
- Experience working with third party providers such as banks, audit firms and accounting firms
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of accounting principles and standards
- Very proficient in: Dynamics AX, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access (a plus) etc.)
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner and to different levels of management.
- Knowledge of local financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting
- Small and large project/program orientation
- Knowledge of systems of internal controls in a global organization
- Building Effective Teams
- Customer Focus
- Critical Thinking
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managerial Courage
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Priority setting
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Engaged, Proactive and Positive
- Sense of Urgency or Takes initiative/ownership without supervision
- Strong Business Acumen