Field Sales Representative - Vegan Specialty Cheese - Remote
Our US business has been on an incredible growth journey for the past several years and has major ambitions to further step-change growth in the dynamic food category. We must attract the right people – those that love what they do, believe in the plant based/vegan food movement, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities.
About the Role:
This is an exciting time to join a leading plant-based brand in the vegan cheese category, with aggressive growth plans for 2021 and beyond! We are looking to hire a Field Sales Representative for Violife. Violife is the fastest growing plant-based cheese since the US launch in 2018. We are looking for someone to really connect the brand to the local community and be a true brand advocate!
As a Field Sales Rep, you will develop and maintain strong customer relationships to maximize Violife opportunities for expanded sales and marketing execution.
You will drive execution and results through strong relationship building at retail and food service accounts in Southern California. You will discover new customers in emerging channels and capture consumer awareness through brand activation.
You will work to cultivate lasting partnerships that bring Violife to life in your city and beyond! You will be assigned critical objectives, such as selling new product, packages and features to restaurants and retail accounts in your market. These programs and initiatives will intrinsically help the overall growth of Violife within California.
What you’ll do:
- Cold call both retail and food service accounts in southern California and TBD surrounding geographies, to drive incremental product distribution through new customer acquisitions
- Success will be defined by activity and volume based key performance indicators
- Discover and capitalize on new opportunities to expand distribution in retail, food services, and partnerships
- Increase Violife’s presence in Southern California by partnering with local accounts on brand activation and brand building events
- Integrate Violife into your community through social media interaction and local community events such as festivals, farmer’s markets, chef events etc.
- Expand sales and volume within existing customer base through strong relationship building
- Identify through research and then drive distribution in influential restaurants and specialty retail
- Partner with current restaurant customers to drive Violife branding on menu, signage in-store and social media mentions
What you’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 1-2 years of relevant experience (ex. sales, marketing, field marketing & activation)
- Prior culinary experience is a preferred
- Initiative and self-starter/insurgent mindset
- A Passion for food – a passion for Vegan/plant-based food movement
- A relentless enthusiasm for retail and high standards of execution
- Great interpersonal skills and have a desire for building lasting relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook
- An entrepreneurial mindset