Segment Specialist - Distributor Sales Representative
An outsourced CPG sales and revenue generating company, built on an entrepreneurial spirit and a heritage of innovation. CMG creates solutions for its clients, developing routes to market, providing sales and marketing ideas and bridging channels of distribution. CMG is a division of Advantage Solutions.
Summary of Objectives:
The distributor sales representative position is responsible for cultivating productive business relationships with assigned distributors to acheive sales volume & points of distribution targets within their designated market area and the brands within the CMG product portfolio. Initiates contact with current customers. Assesses and identifies needs of the customer and provides business improvement solutions to positively impact their business.
- Distributor Training and in-market visitations: Works with Distributor Account Representatives and Sales Managers to educate on brands and programs and ensure best-in-class selling of established portfolio.
- Execution: Executes sales strategy plans as mutually agreed upon by our clients and CMG to support business objectives and customer strategies.
- Independent Selling: Initiates contact with existing and potential customers. Actively solicits new accounts, sells in new items and new points of distribution in new and existing accounts, sells in and places point-of-sale materials, racks and displays and closes Merchandising Agreements and other programs
- Communication: Facilitates excellence in execution in the daily business by planning, communicating, anticipating, measuring and reporting results consistently and implementing corrective action or learning. Provides weekly Market Area updates through tracking tools detailing activities and results to Sales Leader.
- Customers: In alignment with client management teams, present new items, promotional programs and Distributor Sales Representative incentive programs to distributor sales force at team meetings. Responsibilities include planning and executing market sales blitzes and coordinating POS needs for distributor(s). Establishes buying cycles, customer needs, and create customer supplier relationships.
- Analyzing support data: Utilizes Distributor, client and CMG data to identify customer opportunities and trends, creation of sales target lists to independently sell product portfolio. Active use of CRM tool for monitoring and tracking of personal sales activities.
- Budgets: Manages expense budgets
- Other responsibilities and activities as requested
- Persuasion skills - Ability to encourage and illustrate advantages of supporting the CMG product portfolio.
- Strong Communication Skills – Must maintain consistent and open line of communication in all areas of business: leadership team, peer-to-peer, cross-functional & inter-departmental, and field/customer/distributor
- Collaborative Mindset – Pursue and promote best practices amongst peers and leadership team
- Self-Starter – Sufficiently motivated to undertake projects on own initiative, holding themselves to a high standard. Recognize importance of developing a plan to meet objectives
- Time Management Skills – Ability to plan and develop daily sales routes efficiently and effectively
- Results Driven – Demonstrate a sense of eagerness and commitment to exceed designated sales goals according to evolving business objectives
- Customer/Client Focus – Ongoing relationship management and development
- Analytical Skills - Ability to review and interpret data, ability to construct business initiatives that will drive both volume and revenue for the client