Account Director – (Headquarter/Shopper Marketing Agency)
In a complex world, EDGE Marketing strives to keep it simple. It's how we think, strategize and execute for our clients.
EDGE is an agency focused on shopper and consumer activations, no matter where they take place. We do this with a mixture of courage, heart, hustle and creativity.
An Advantage Solutions agency, EDGE is connected to the leading trends and insights. A start up at heart, we love to roll up our sleeves and Get. Stuff. Done.
The Account Director at EDGE Marketing Services, functions as the main headquarter client relationship manager of EDGE’s consumer promotion and shopper marketing program deliverables within multiple categories or retail channels specifically within the Pet Specialty, Beauty and Dollar channels.
A successful (HQ) Account Director will focus on financial health of the client, organic business development, effective and efficient program management of the Agency team and results that are in concert with client and retailer initiatives. Proficiency in conceptual selling and consulting will be defined by effective written and oral communication skills with clients, customers, and agency partners.
- Demonstrate product category ownership (within the pet specialty, dollar or beauty channels) with Marketing and Sales client base to show EDGE’s thought leadership as a consultant
- Solid client management experience and working with highly visible clients within the CPG (consumer packaged goods) industry
- Cultivate strong relationships with client trade, sales and marketing teams, including 3rd party agencies as required, to harmonize cross-functional client communications from inception to analysis of client programs
- Manage and mentor contributing team members
- Oversee proposals and program presentations for effective and efficient resources to meet the client goals and agency revenue targets
- Identify new business opportunities within existing clients as well as with extended client base
- Synchronize and standardize best practices for client program execution, budgets, tracking, and post-promotional reporting in accordance with company systems and processes
- Effective recruiting, hiring, training, and development of direct reports
- Serve as financial relationship owner for cross-agency team departments and/or clients to deliver timely client decisions and approvals
- Education Level: (Required)Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (Preferred) MBA Degree or equivalent experience. Field of Study/Area of Experience: Marketing or Public Relations
- Must have 2+ years of current working knowledge of executing programs w/in the Pet Specialty, Beauty or Dollar channels- knowing the inner workings of these retail channels, etc.
- 6+ years of client management experience within a shopper marketing agency, CPG, or brand management
- Ability to make oral presentations, team building skills, and excellent customer service orientation
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines